Monday 26 January 2015

Worth The Splurge: Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream



Let's get down to business - if you don't have this product in your life then you better run to your nearest counter! This is cult for a reason. Over the last few months I have seen a dramatic change in my skin, I went from normal to dehydrated within nanoseconds. Having to change all of my skincare to cater for my new found skin type was a hard task, I've never had dehydrated skin before so where to start?

Firstly, the thing that was really getting to me, was constant dry lips. Not even chapped - just dry. This product has been my absolute saviour. It's one that gets overlooked regularly but, trust me when I say, having a tube of this in your drawers for emergency situations is a must. I know a lot of people complain about the scent but in all honestly, I don't even notice it. Although this worked wonders on my old lips this is not just a one trick pony. Let me tell you the varied ways to use this skincare classic.

Skin Saviour:  Looking for an intensive moisturiser for the colder months? Eight Hour Cream is an ideal moisturiser to use in extremely cold weather (much like the weather these last few weeks). It is also perfect if you work in an environment that has central heating/ air conditioning, helping to fight skin dehydration.

Highlighter: Looking to add a little bit of glow back into that dull complexion? Add a dab of this to the highest points of your cheekbones, lips, brows or even legs for some extra shine!

Taming Your Brows: Do you suffer from unruly brows? I certainly do! Using a hard angled brush, pop a tiny amount on the brush and smooth over brows to keep them in place whilst giving a gorgeous defined arch - what's not to love?

Cuticle Conditioner: Pretty self-explanatory this one but smooth a little of Eight Hour Cream over your cuticles to keep them smooth. You want to make the most of that beautiful manicure.

After-Sun: The whole reason I discovered this gem in the first place - an after sun! The moisturising treatment helps to relieve sunburn and irritated skin. You can dump half the products you were taking in that suitcase and just take the one!

Lip Nourisher: As previously stated, EH helps to condition and heal dry lips. I personally apply this at night, before bed, to allow it to really absorb in and work its magic. Lips are left feeling soft with a slight glossy finish!

Feet Treat: If you are a sufferer of cracked heels then apply this before bed, pop on a pair of socks and voila! by the time you wake, your feet will be party ready!

Hand Food: As with your feet, EH Cream can also be used as a nourishing hand cream. This can heal even the toughest and driest of hands!


The list goes on and on and on...but if that isn't enough reason to go and grab yourself a tube, I don't know what is! You can get your hands on a 50ml tube from Boots (here) for a whole £26. This isn't just a winter staple for me, it's an all year round classic!

Are you a fan of Eight Hour Cream?


- Lori x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test