Monday 11 August 2014

Weekly Loves #10




Why Hello strangers! Sorry it has been a while but I've been having a bit of a blogging/ internet cleanse over the last few weeks. After an amazing holiday to Barcelona and the Benicassim Festival, I enjoyed having a complete internet free holiday that much I decided to extend it for a little while on returning home. Alongside that, I've also started a brand new job where I now in management and so comes a lot more responsibility. I wanted to give myself a few weeks to settle in and let my lovely little blog take a back seat. So, apologies for the break but I am back and ready to bring you lots of new fun posts!

Starting with my weekly favourites and this week brings some new loves to the table.  First off comes from Mac and it is their Pro Concealer Palette in the shade Light (obviously). I've been meaning to buy this for ages but cannot stand the customer service (or lack of) in the Glasgow store and wasn't sure if it would be too dark. Thankfully, when in London I popped into the boutique and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. The palette is absolutely fantastic and has everything you need for correcting and concealing. I have been used the salmon colour with NW 15 for under the eyes. The yellow for highlighting and lately i've been playing with the darker shades to work as a contour - jury's still out on that one!

With all the changes going on in my life at the moment, sleeping has been pretty non-existent. From time to time I can suffer from insomnia (if you have you will know how horrific it is!) and when my Mum and Dad returned home from their jet-setting holidays they brought back a little lavender pillow parcel to help you drift off. I found this to be immensely helpful in the old shut-eye department and decided to hunt down a pillow spray. Now I know some may think it weird as this product is technically a toner for your skin however, the rose and lavender infused scent really helps me to drift off. Have only used this a handful of times but I have to say it has been making a difference. Just a few spritz on my pillow and job done!

Lastly, I have recently found myself getting right back into using primer. I am one of the fortunate people to have relatively normal skin. Primer for me was always an unnecessary step added to my make-up routine. After rummaging around my drawers I found this deluxe sample of The Porefessional and decided to really put it to the test. Turning my No.7 mirror to the 5X zoom (scary! eek!) I popped the product over my T-Zone and watched my pores disappear! This has now became a staple in the morning and makes my make-up not only sit better, but lasts all day!



Thank you all for sticking around! I know I've been gone a little while but I'm definitely back.

Lori x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test