Wednesday 13 August 2014

Skincare Routine | Serums



We have all heard of serums. Almost every brand, if not all, have one but how many of us actually understand them and their purpose? Probably not a lot! Serum helps to preserve your youthful skin and works from the inside out. It acts as a booster to the rest of your skincare routine i.e applying this before moisturiser, eye cream etc helps them to really lock in and work their magic. To some, it may not seem like such an important step but ever since I started using serum it has made such a difference to my skin. It looks fuller, healthier and is the best my skin has ever looked. Most serums come in at ridiculous prices ranging from £70 up. The two of my preferred products both come in under the price of one. Here are the two which I use personally and have done religiously for the last however many months. I find that these two work best for me and I finally feel I have used them long enough to give you all an honest report.


Morning - Benefit Instant Comback Serum £36
I look for an instant boost in the morning, something to help waken up my tired skin. Benefit's Instant Comeback Serum works wonders for me. Not only does the fresh cucumber scent give a burst of energy it also provides an instant radiance and glow. Containing the infamous Tri-Radiance Complex (exclusive to Benefit) it helps to lock in the moisture. This is also deemed as an anti-aging product, which I have to admit, isn't exactly what I'm looking for (I am 21 afterall) however, for any older ladies interested in investing this helps to soothe, smooth and firm the skin to hide any visible lines. Two pumps of this is more than enough and I most certainly have noticed a huge difference to my skin. 

Evening - The Body Shop Overnight Serum and Oil £12:
Applying oil to my skin has never been appealing to me. I can imagine the horror to those of you who suffer a shiny complexion. However, it is so quick absorbing and non-gready that there really is no fear. This is 8 hours sleep in a bottle. My skin looks much fresher and plumper in the morning. I always notice a huge difference when I don't apply it! Skin looks recharged and well rested. I also love the dropper applicator, one is more than enough for me, maybe two if I was feeling adventurous. I rub into my fingers then onto the face and down the neck. This makes make-up application for the next day much easier. It applies more evenly and gives a gorgeous finish. The only problem is that it is slightly fragranced which some may not like. It doesn't break me out and I haven't personally had any problems with that but be sure to test it out first. I don't think I could recommend this serum anymore if I tried.


I now wouldn't go without a serum. They have completely changed the way my skin looks and I feel such a difference if they aren't applied. They are definitely an investment but these are two of the best products and prices out there!

Lori x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test