Wednesday 2 July 2014

Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner | Review




Everyone and their Granny have been firing up posts about the brand new launch from Benefit Cosmetics. I decided to wait and give this product a fair trial and not give in to the hype. I received my very own liner and remover over a month ago now and, as a liquid wearer myself, was very excited to try this out. Benefit really know how to market products and they have thrown everything at this new launch. After the success of the original member of the family, They're Real Mascara, I could only imagine great things for it's sister.

First off, let's discuss the packaging. I love the fact that they have solved all us gel liner wearer's woes and finally created a travel friendly gel product. Then there is the Acu-Flex tip which is exclusive to the brand, the perfect applicator for those ladies who are not quite liner pros. This took me a good few times and some trial and error to work with, I am so used to a tiny nib that having a flexible tip was just awkward. If you are going to purchase this, be sure to have a practice! Now that i'm used to it, I'm loving the ease and how the product just glides on the lid. The tip hugs and pushes the lashes out of the road to get the gel right into the lashline, no more missed lines - horrah!

My only problem with the genius product? It claims to be smudge proof, however, having slightly oiler lids I do notice a transfer a few hours in. Nothing that can't be solved with a good eye primer and/or powder and really, I can live with that. The formula is thick and dries in pretty quickly so you do need to be a little quick, however it is such a fool-proof product that it's applied at the speed of light. This baby has shed an amazing ten minutes off my current make-up routine, now that is impressive.

The budge proof part? You are correct, it does not move. Even after a bath, now that really is some stubborn product! Benefit have finally solved the much noised complaint from the original mascara, and created the Remover to go alongside the family. An oil-free fragrance free remover that is ideal for those of us with sensitive eyes. You lather the balm into your lids and rinse with water. I think this is a fantastic remover, not what I was expecting at all. A whopping 50ml and a squeezey, travel friendly tube - no more unhygienic tubs. 

Overall, I do really like the product and love the fact it is now practical to carry around a gel liner. The remover is also a winner and you could double it up as a cleanser all over due to its slightly thick, balm-like texture.


Will you be trying the They're Real Liner?


Lori x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test