Monday 30 June 2014

Weekly Loves #8



I love looking back over the previous week and rounding up my favourite products from the last seven days. My skin is very up and down at the moment so my base make-up menu has pretty much stayed the same, so I've been looking to other avenues to change it up.

Does anyone else's skin break out just before an event or holiday? It's like my face goes 'Yeah. you can have nice skin all the time. What's that? Your holidays in a few weeks? Here's a spot'. When this does happen I tend to up the anti with exfoliating. It took me a while to find the right exfoliator for my skin, using very harsh ones that stripped my face until I eventually found Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser. This is exactly as it says, a gentle exfoliator. The beads are so soft it hardly feels like an exfoliator at all. I also love the orange extract scent (any surprise?), so refreshing to use in the morning. This is only the travel size - brilliant size, I know - however, I'm beginning to run low so will be taking a quick trip to Clarins to purchase the full size.

I haven't worn a red lip in months. I wore one religiously for ages and then seemed to turn to lighter shades of coral and pink. However, over the last week I have been loving the Kate Moss for Rimmel in shade 22. A gorgeous pinky red colour that goes to a matte formula, whilst still adding a hint of shine. I do prefer a matte lip as I find them to last longer and this certainly does the trick. I only topped this up once after lunch and it lasted the full day. Must admit, I never tend to wear a lip liner, I just find it an unnecessary step and had no problems with bleeding. Think I'll need to have a rummage at some of the other shades in this range as I really enjoy the formula.

Last up for this weeks round up comes from Benefit Cosmetics and their much anticipated new release; They're Real Push Up Gel Liner. I will be popping up a full review of this during the week so don't want to go into too much detail but I have been loving this little pen. It does take a few goes of getting used to but after that, it whacks off around ten minutes of my makeup routine. Anything that can do that is a winner in my eyes.



Are you a lover of any of these products?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test