Tuesday 24 June 2014

Weekly Loves #7



Last week was very up and down for myself! Lots of highs and lots of lows and an incredibly busy weekend! I have changed up some of my makeup and have been loving the results.

First change came from my base. Lately, my skin has been pretty dry and most of my foundations have been sitting on top of any dry patches which looks horrendous. I was planning on buying something lighter for my holidays anyway, so I purchased the Estee Lauder BB Cream and I haven't looked back! The formula is so lightweight and gives a gorgeous dewy finish. I'm definitely more of a matte girl but I think in the summer a little glow never goes a miss - for you oiler girls out there this might not be a good pick! Although the formula is super lightweight on the skin, there is still enough coverage to disguise any pesky blemishes! I also love that the packaging in a tube, perfect for travelling. 

Although I have been going for a lighter base, I still feel the need to add some powder on top. Is it just me or do you ever feel your makeup isn't complete without a dusting of powder? Anyway, as you all know I've been wearing my Smashbox powder (review here) religiously over the last however months but recently it's been clinging to those horrid drier areas. Damn you Scotland and you constant change in weather! I decided I needed to look for a new powder that would just glide over my skin and that's when I found Estee Lauder Double Wear Loose Powder. I am a massive fan of the Double Wear Foundation and on testing the powder it was instant love. It is so silky yet adds gorgeous coverage as well as some warmth to my not-so-tanned skin.

Last love of the week is quite unusual for me. I have been trying to experiment a little more with coloured eyeshadow, going into summer i'd like to wear some more colour on the lids. I found this Models Own Powder Eyeshadow in 'Peachy Keen' lying around my drawers (I'm sure I got this free in a goodie bag) and decided to dip my toe in the colourful water. This is such a gorgeous, summery shade and creates some really bright and fun make-up looks! The pigmentation is amazing and the shadows are very long-wearing. Will definitely be heading to my nearest stand to pick up some more!


Do you love any of these products?


Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test