Wednesday 25 June 2014

Neon Dresses



Dress // Delicious Dresses


Heading out to celebrate my best friend Kirsty's birthday at the weekend and I decided that with all of the gorgeous weather we have had over the week, it was time to bring out some brighter clothes.

Bold and bright colours are a mile away from my comfort zone but when I saw this dress, there was something about it that made me want it! I love the contrast of the pink and navy, with the neon green throughout. The puffed up sleeves are very eighties, an era which I love! Of course, this dress is also in my favourite style, the skater dress, where it flares out at the bottom - what's not to love?

I feel I am going to get lots of wear out of this dress in the summer. Very bright and lovely thin material, perfect for those (hopefully) hot summer nights.


In for a penny with this look, I kept in with the bright colours and transferred that to my make-up look too. Pulling out some forgotten pigments from models own, I went for a peachy/ pink fade on the lids which I thought really complimented my pale complexion. Originally, I went for a nude lip and found it made me look very washed out and pale, so instead I through on Mac '---' which instantly lightened my face! My hair is finally at a reasonable length where I can wear it down for longer than 10 minutes and not get annoyed. I added a slight wave to give it some texture - I don't suit clean cut!


Will you be experimenting with colour this summer?

Lori x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test