Friday 20 June 2014

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation | Review




For months I have been 'humming' and 'hawing' over buying Laura Mercier foundation. I have heard so many amazing things about it and the fact Laura Mercier is known for her pale shades made it all that more appealing. My only hesitation? The hefty £34 price tag. A lot of money to fork out if I hated it or it didn't work for my skin. After a lot of hassle from House of Fraser, long story, I eventually ended up with a gift card and decided why not purchase something I've been wanting forever? Voila! Laura Mercier was purchased.

First off, shade. As we know, I am always the lightest in everything - the amount of times counter assistants have tried to make me darker is unbelievable. I swatched 'Rose Ivory' and 'Cream Ivory' and both were way too dark so I finally settled on, surprise surprise, the lightest available 'Soft Ivory'. This seems to be pretty spot on against my skin. I would recommend for anyone who is not entirely sure or confident on picking your own shades to definitely get a consultation, a bit much money to waste on the wrong colour. 'Soft Ivory' comes out of the tube almost white but blends into the perfect shade and really compliments the undertones of your skin. Due to the formula being so creamy, fingers really aren't this foundations friend so opt for a brush instead. 

In ways, I can see why people compare it to Estee Lauder's Double Wear. Full coverage, long lasting and beautiful finish. However, Double Wear leaves my skin feeling incredibly dry the next day with it's matte finish, this formula allows my skin to breathe and although finishes matte (my favourite) there is still a hint of a healthy glow coming through. The product comes in a 35ml tube which takes a few times to get used to, one thing I would say? A little really does go a long way and a pea sized amount is more than enough for a thin veil over the skin. Plus the nozzle at the end really does allow you to squeeze the right amount, no waste here! 

For those of you with oily skin, the thick creamy formula may not be the best step forward. Definitely more suited for the dryer complexions out there! Overall, I have been loving this foundation of late, espcially for nights out and/or special occasions. It is super model skin in a tube and in my opinion well worth the money.


Are you a fan of Silk Creme?

Lori x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test