Monday 16 June 2014

Weekly Loves #6



Oh Scotland, you certainly know how to tease us with your wicked weather ways. You are immensely humid, yet you are dull and dark. How do we dress appropriately? How do we choose which products to stick on our faces?! Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the heat, but it would be lovely if the sunshine would join the warm atmosphere! Anyway, onto this weeks favourite products;

Urban Decay Naked Skin Finish Foundation has to be one of, if not my favourite, daytime foundation. The perfect colour match - I mean, spot on! Such a lightweight formula with a beautiful, medium coverage which is buildable. I love applying this to my face in the morning, it gives a gorgeous flawless complexion, what's not to love? Also, the packaging is just so on point! Urban are known for their palettes and eyeshadows but I would seriously recommend getting yourself to your nearest counter and browsing around the base products. I will pop up a full review at some point!

Next up, I have been loving Estee Lauder's Double Wear Concealer. This bad boy covers everything - yes, that's right, everything! Dark circles be gone! Spots? What spots! Redness? Goodbye! I have the compact as opposed to the wand version as I find it easier to cart around with me. Warm a little with the fingers and apply to the areas needing it the most - usually the old under eyes! I would compare this to the Nars Creamy Concealer for it's medium to full coverage, still very creamy for the under eye area as well, so it doesn't feel drying.

Working on a make-up counter involves lots of standing throughout the day, when I say lots of standing I mean, never getting to sit down! My heels take the full force of this. Lately I have been noticing some flaking and harder skin (oh, how lovely?) around this area, something I've never suffered from before, and found Soap and Glory Heel Genius lurking around my stash. This super moisturising cream gets massaged into the feet every night, then pop on a pair of cotton sockies and leave the cream to work it's magic! Plus, for a foot cream it smells absolutely divine - gets rid of those honking tootsies. For any hard skin sufferers this one will be your best friend.


That is this week's round up. Have you spotted any of your own favourites here?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test