Friday 13 June 2014

Illamasqua 'Hollow' Cream Pigment | Review




Being a blogger you get sucked into buying the latest launches and rushing home to take pretty pictures and type up reviews. Over the last few weeks I've been wearing a load of the same products, mostly changing up my lip colours - standard. However, do you ever look at your make-up bag and take products for granted? I certainly do. So, I've decided to type up a few posts of some of my staple, everyday products. Products that I wouldn't go a day without, yet never think to write about.

Let's start with the bronzer converter. Being immensely pale, the word 'bronzer' sends most of us screaming to the hills, right? That was me, until I was introduced to 'Hollow' cream pigment from Illamasqua. Illamasqua, as a brand are notorious for there pale bases. They actually cater for those of us who weren't blessed with sun-kissed skin. For me, I have absolutely zero cheek bones, not even a slither of shape in that area so I need to sculpt them bad boys to (try) create those Angie Jolie, covetable cheekbones! Hello Hollow! The pigment is described as a 'toffee hue', I personally find the grey-ish undertones incredibly flattering on pale skin, the colour isn't orange or brown so there are no dodgy, obvious lines. I am not usually a cream fan but I love how easily this is to blend - whether I choose to blend with my fingers or a brush, I feel it would be very difficult to overdo it. 

The wear time on this is fantastic, I notice no slipping or feel the need to touch up throughout the day. I must admit, this is my precious baby for a night out as it does need a little more work than powders so I tend to use them for a quick swipe in the morning. When you are up a 6am I do as little effort as possible. There is no cakeyness or drying with this which is fantastic for my slightly drier complexion of late. 

Illamasqua is a brand I haven't tried much of, but after being so impressed with this product I feel I really need to get myself along to my nearest counter! Do you have any recommendations on things you think I might like?


Are you an Illamasqua fan?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test