Monday 12 May 2014

Weekly | What I'm Loving



I have been swithering over adding a new section to my blog for a while and have finally made my decision - it is happening! As of this week I am going to start doing a round up of what products I have been loving and using the most. Little mini reviews and reasons to why I have been loving them. I personally love reading these type of posts as it gives me an insight into 1. the blogger and 2. products I may be interested in. So let me show you what I have been loving this week.

If you watched my April Favourites video (here) then you would have heard me talking about Benefit's Hoola Bronzer. Bronzer has never been a product I have used, in fact, whenever anyone ever mentioned bronzer I ran to the hills! This may seem hard to believe but I actually enjoy being pale and I hate counters trying to 'give me a bit of colour' by colour matching me to and way too dark foundation or putting on so much bronzer I need a chisel to take it off. However, over the last month, with it coming up to summer, I've decided to start playing around a bit more with the product I once thought of as the devil! Hoola seems to be the one that works best for me, with no under tones and/or glitter it doesn't highlight the fact that I am wearing any and it doesn't make me look dirty! 

Do you ever notice that all of your make-up seems to run out at once? Firstly my Bobbi Brown Corrector, then Nars concealer, my Maybelline mascara went next quickly followed by YSL Foundation! Let's just say I've been having a nightmare! On YSL spitting out it's last few ounces I decided to rummage through my stash and found an old favourite of mine - Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. Why I stopped using this I will never know?! It is the perfect match for my skin tone - 00 Alabaster - although, this one is also on it's last legs and on looking on the website it seems they have discontinued this colour? Somebody please tell me this is a lie! Such a lightweight feel yet a medium, dewy finish. Enough glow in there for that healthy skin finish, yet not shiny enough to look like you are wearing make-up. A re-discovered favourite.

After scraping the remnants out of my sample size I finally ran to my nearest Origins counter and picked up the full size of the Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. This stuff is my skin saviour! Pop this on once or twice a week (depending on how dry your skin in) and allow this gorgeous avocado scented mask to work it's magic! On applying this you don't need to do your full routine as this does everything you need and you wake with your skin looking more plump and feeling refreshed and replenished. This is a must have for everyone! 

What do we think of this style of post?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test