Monday 26 May 2014

Weekly Loves #3

Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment // Benefit Girl Meets Pearl //
Dior BB Creme // Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

The weather has been so up and down of late, it's hard to know what products to stick on my face day to day. This week has been a pretty mixture of products, some old and a load of new. I recently done a bit of a haul, mostly in the higher end of things, which has been causing havoc with my bank balance - totally worth it though as some have been absolute gems. 

First love of the week comes in the form of face products, Dior BB Creme, to be exact. I like my coverage - mostly of the medium variety - however, lately my skin has been so unbelievably dry and dehydrated and I have been finding most of my foundations have been clinging to the drier areas. It has been making me feel incredibly self conscious and as though everyone is looking at it - yes, I hear you, nobody has noticed and I'm being dramatic, but as Gok says 'When you don't feel good on the inside, you don't look good on the outside!'. I dusted this one off and have been wearing it most days this week and have found myself loving it more than I ever have before. So lightweight and silky, a bit more colour to my face than usual without looking orange or too dark, no clinging to patches where it's not wanted - ticking all of the boxes. Definitely thinking this will be a summer staple.

To help with the dry patches I have been popping on Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl primer to give a smooth base for my foundation application. This gorgeous luminizing primer has a bronzed undertone, and glows through your base of choice. I love that this has a twist-up bottom meaning less waste of product, squeezy tubes always leave excess. Silica based products really cling and flake on dry skin so this is the best alternative for those of use with drier complexions.

 Eye cream has never been something I've been overly bothered about - I'm 21, why would I? Recently, my eye area has became quite sensitive and I find when I wear liquid liner (which is most days) or switch it up and wear eyeshadow, it has been irritating my eyes and leaving it slightly raw and crusty and the sides, mmm what an image eh? I spotted this Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment and decided to give it a go. This super thick and creamy, avocado scented product sinks into my skin and actually works! My eye area feels so much better, no irritation, no crust (sorry guys). I have the smaller sized tub 14ml, it's still pretty big and I know will last forever, a little really does go along way here. I have been so impressed with this, don't worry a full review is on the way!

Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream is a cult favourite and it has certainly been one of mine this week. My lips have been feeling very dry and when they start to feel that way I always reach for this. Such a multi-functional product, it can be used for shaping brows, soothing hand and cuticles or to add shine. I use it mostly on my lips to help with chapping. The scent can be a little much for some, I personally don't mind it in fact, I find you get used to it after a while but if it really bothers you that much you can always buy the unscented version too.


Are you a fan of any of these products?

Lori x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test