Wednesday 21 May 2014

Bourjois Velvet Lipsticks | Review




Everyone has that one product that is their 'thing'. Whether that's blusher, mascara or one of my best friends constantly growing collection of foundation (yes Kirsty, that's you!). Mine comes in the form of lipstick - Lots and lots and lots of lipstick. My collection is (I must admit) ridiculous but I absolutely love it and feel so underdressed when I'm not wearing any. I haven't quite found my ultimate lipstick yet so this justifies my constant searching (and buying). I have never been much of a lipgloss gal, I just find them too sticky and tacky. Hair and wind situations - no thanks. First came the Rimmel Apocalypse liquid lipsticks and I was so impressed with them, so when I heard Bourjois were bringing out a liquid lipstick I was super excited! Then the reviews started popping up and I couldn't find a bad one. I tried to be good, I tried to resist, then Boots 3 for 2 began and I couldn't control myself anymore...

I picked up the shades, 04 Peach Club, 06 Pink Pong and 03 Hot Pepper. Each from the different sections they were split into, there are eight shades overall. I have been getting the most use out of 'Peach Club' as I find it the easiest to wear for day to day use. A gorgeous peachy shade that isn't too bold but still has enough colour for a day look. Pink Pong is a beautiful bold pink lip and I had to have it. I saw Anna (here) wearing it in one of her videos and couldn't stop looking at it so when I spotted it on the shelf I knew it was coming home with me. Then finally I picked Hot Pepper, one I noticed was getting a lot of attention and quite rightly so. The perfect matte red lip!

The formula of these are so creamy and pigmented on application you really don't need a load of product. I love the applicator too, so easy to pop on your lips without worry of lipstick going everywear. They dry to a matte finish without leaving the lips feeling dry or product clinging to patches - a common trait with matte lipsticks. There is still a sheen to them as well, although the are matte they are still comfortable to wear and not powdery. Perfection in a tube.

I am a high end girl through and through, more so for the foundations as fashion brands don't cater for the immensely pale i.e me! However, I have to say I think these are amazing products and could be better than any of the high end lipsticks I own. They certainly kick their butts when it comes to lasting power!


Have you tried the Bourjois Velvet Lipsticks?

Lori x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test