Wednesday 9 April 2014

TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer | Review




Highlighter has to be one of, if not my favourite, of all makeup products. I love that amazing, healthy glow it gives to the skin without the excess oil/ grease from a liquid 'dewy' foundation. Benefit's High Beam has been my staple highlighter since I was around 15 and I have never found another that I have loved quite so much - and then came theBalm. 

This baby was hyped up so much in the beauty community and there were so many times when I came close to buying but for some reason I never did. Maybe because I have around 3 bottles of High Beam in my drawer still needing used, or that nothing has ever came close to my beloved highlighter of choice. However, a few weeks back on a girls night in at Kirstys (here) she had this hiding in her drawer and I couldn't resist. It was love at first swatch! And was ordered the following day.

What makes this so good? I hear you say. Well, first off the quirky packaging makes me smile! Can't beat some light-hearted packaging. Then lets discuss just how huge this is? The whopping 8.5g you receive is almost double what you get in your average blush and with the amount of pigmentation that is thrown in here, I highly doubt I would ever need another! It adds so much brightness and glow to the face without the chunky glitter we all hate. Dull skin days be gone! 

The champagne colour was not something I thought I would suit but in actual fact, I think this is a highlighter that would suit all skin tones. The glowy sheen and highlight it adds is just beautiful although, this is not one for the subtle makeup wearers among us. This is definitely a 'hello sailor!' product. You could easily overdo it with this product so be sure to tap off excess on your brush and build it up slowly.

What are your favourite highlighters?

Lori x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test