Wednesday 16 April 2014

Normal to Oily Skin | Skincare Series



After a recent post on my Facebook Page (here) I was asked to put together a post on skin care for certain skin types and decided I would break it down into a series. There are so many different skin types that it would be a novel by the time I finished on just the one post so I have divided this into sections; Normal to Oily, Dry and Blemish. The most common types among us. I am starting with Normal to Oily, my own skintype, I know a lot more products in this range due to it being my own type. Please Note* these are products that work well for me and may not necessarily work as well for you.

I start my day with a thorough cleanse and have recently moved onto the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap. I use one pump of this and massage it into the skin then wash off with warm water and clear with a flannel. The soap is very mild and doesn't aggravate my skin. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and fresh - exactly what I am after in the morning.

I then use the 2 step in the Clinique '3 step skin care' routine which is the clarifying lotion. Let me be clear, this is not a toner (my original thought)! It in fact, gets rid of any dead skin cells or dull surface flakes. To apply I simply use the tiniest amount of a cotton wool ball and sweep around my face avoiding the eye area - this is too harsh for the thin skin there. I've only recently started using this and the scent isn't exactly my favourite in the world however, it does leave my skin feeling fresher and looking brighter.

Going in with a toner I pop some of Origins A Perfect World Toner which is honestly like heaven in a bottle, on a cotton pad and swipe around my face. It smells absolutely beautiful and fresh and rids of any residue from the night before. This product is also oil and alcohol free which is perfect for the oiler skin type. 

Moisturiser wise I go for something light for day to day use. Over the last few months I have been using my Origins GinZing (full review here) religiously every morning. It is super lightweight in texture and the formula is so soft and hydrating. It is instantly refreshing and completely wakes me up with it's gorgeous citrus smell. I am actually starting to run low on this product and I am now having the repurchase debate. You know us girls, we find something we like but we constantly strive to find something better - I will keep you posted on my decision! It is also oil-free which is perfect for those of us with oily prone skin. This is another must with foundations if you lean more towards oily skin. Be sure to check if they are oil-free or not, if they aren't they will add more shine to your face and instead of giving that gorgeous dewy glow, you'll look more like a sweaty mess - not a good look!

These are just some products which I find immensely helpful at keeping my oily prone skin at bay. As I stated above, I am one of the lucky few who have pretty normal skin however, there are days when I can lean more towards the oily side of things and these products help to counteract that.

What are your favourite skincare products?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test