Monday 14 April 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear | Review




Most of us all know of Estee Lauder's Double Wear foundation. If you haven't tried it personally, then I'm sure you will have heard it's name crop up whenever someone asks for a recommendation on a new foundation. I'll be honest, as always with my reviews, I do love this foundation - but only as a night out/ special occasion number. This is one product that has been raved about within the beauty community and quite rightly so, my skin looks airbrushed whenever I wear it and am forever being asked what I am wearing on nights out. 

Lets get down to the nitty gritty. It is super thick, to the point where it can feel like a mask. It does take a couple of tries to work out the right consistency for you and how much product to use (If only it had a pump to control that...*shakes fist*!). The thickness holds it all day, this really is a 15 hour wearer without any touch ups - yes, it is that good! I buff this right into my face with my Real Techniques buffing brush to make sure it doesn't look cakey or that I'm wearing hundreds of product, I think this is the secret to my flawless base. This is full coverage and the finish is super matte, in fact, I don't think you could find a foundation more matte than this! In saying that, if you suffer from dry skin then I really wouldn't recommend this. It will be too heavy and just show up any dry patches and ain't nobody got time for that! It covers everything and I mean everything, from spots to scarring, and there is no slipping or sliding throughout the day! Your face is literally completely in-tact from day to night, who would have thought?! It really is a dream foundation.

I will warn you, the day after my skin can feel quite dehydrated and I always try to opt for a thick moisturiser and a no makeup, glasses type day. As I said earlier this is my special occasion, pulling out the big guns type foundation. I could never wear it day to day and can say from working on a makeup counter and listening to a lot of peoples opinions, many switch from using it daily to just a night out base. It is certainly not lightweight or a slap on and go type foundation, this takes work but the results are beautiful.

I love the packaging of the bottle, very chic and sophisticated with its gold lid - would we expect any less from Estee Lauder? Once again though, my biggest pet peeve has to lie with the lack of pump! Pouring it out of the bottle is just frustrating and causes waste, especially with the first few goes. However, it is honestly one of the most gorgeous foundations I have ever used. It is supermodel skin in a bottle - no joke! At £28.50 it is relatively average price for a premium brand however, believe me when I say, you genuinely need the teeniest tiniest amount of this to cover your face. I wear shade 'Shell' which is the perfect match for my milk-like tone and the girls on counter are more than happy to match you up!

What's your favourite foundation?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test