Wednesday 23 April 2014

Dry and Dehydrated Skin | Skincare Series


For the next installment of my skincare series I am going to look into dry and dehydrated skin. Over the last few weeks my skin has taken a severe turn for the worst. I'm not entirely sure of the cause of it whether it is to do with the constant changing of weather, the air conditioning in my work or maybe just my skin is changing in general. Either way, my skin has started to become more dry and dehydrated. I have never suffered from dry skin before and took time to look into products I felt would help combat against this. Into my lovely stash I went.

I started using the Clarins HydraQuench Cream when my skin was at it's complete worse. May I also state I was suffering a severe cold and had been constantly blowing my nose so that area was particularly sensitive and flaky. This bad boy was an absolute saviour! Applying morning and night to my face and focusing a lot on my sensitive, poor nose this cleared up the flaking in no time and helped to keep my skin feeling much more hydrated. 

Another amazing product to help my poor, sore skin was the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask - what a mouthful! This only needs applied once a week, twice if your skin is particularly dry. I apply this about twenty minutes before I go to sleep to allow it to dry in a little and when I wake in the morning my skin looks much more plump and feels so much smoother and hydrated. This is honestly one of the best products I have ever used and would completely recommend it to anyone! As with all Origins products this smells insane! I actually can't wait to use it each week because it leaves my skin feeling amazing. *Please note this isn't included in the photo as I've ran out and need a new one!*

When suffering from dehydrated skin I opt for a thicker, heavier moisturiser to really soak into the skin and work it's magic. On these occasions I reach for Benefit's Total Moisture Facial Cream. Super thick in consistency so a tiny amount is needed to spread over the whole face. The packaging is huge so it will last you a very long time! The fresh cucumbers smell is absolutely delicious and refreshing. It definitely leaves my skin feeling more comfortable and less aggravated, Soothing it from its dehydrated state. It doesn't leave any oily residue and when foundation is applied on top, the foundation doesn't cling to any dry patches which you sometimes find on drier areas. A winner in my eyes. I have been using the travel size lately as I have been jetsetting throughout March and it has been absolutely perfect to pop in my travel bag!

For anyone looking for a good moisturiser but are on a budget and/or don't want to spend over the odds for one then the Nivea Refreshing Soft Moisturising Cream is an absolute dream! It comes in a huge amount of 200ml, it contains Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E making it super gorgeous to apply. I wouldn't say it has the nicest scent in the world, not compared to my Origins moisturiser, but it certainly does the job! Plus with the under a fiver price tag, you can't really go wrong!

These are just some of the products I head for when my skin is feeling dry and dehydrated. What works for me may not work for you, everyone knows their own skin the best. 

What products would you recommend for dry/dehydrated skin?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test