Monday 28 April 2014

My Summer Lip Picks




With the (very) brief encounter with the sun last weekend it got me thinking about Summer time and what trends I will be leaning towards. We all know how I love my lip products and decided to show you all the shades I shall be sporting this summer.

First up comes from Illamasqua and one of my favourite lipsticks ever, not just for the moment! This is 'Fable' and is a matte bubblegum pink shade. This is definitely a gorgeous pastel shade and will make a great transition through Spring to Summer. It is super pigmented and the formula stays on for hours! They are described as 'creamy' but I'll be honest it is quite a dry/chalky texture so a good lip balm is a must! I do love matte lipstick though and I absolutely love this summery shade so that extra step doesn't bother me.

Summer just isn't the same without a bright orange lip and mine is coming in the form of Mac 'Morange'. This little beauty comes with a gorgeous vanilla scent to it, if you don't like scented makeup much you may want to see if you can tolerate this first before you purchase. As for me? Well, I love vanilla scented anything so this was a huge plus! A cream, opaque finish with a slight shine to the lips, this is not one for the faint hearted. It is much more orange on application than it appears in the tube. This was the colour used on many of the catwalks at London Fashion Week so was a sure fire for this Summer!

Last but not least I will be popping on YSL Rouge Volupte in shade 32 'Jealous Coral'. Can we take a moment to appreciated just how gorgeous the packaging of these lipsticks are? The smooth, buttery type formulas just glide onto the lips. Some may find these a little too bold but I think they are fabulous! This is a peachy-pink tone and is perfect for the season ahead. It adds such warmth to your skin and gives your lips a super glossy/ shiny finish! The perfect everyday shade.


What is your summer lip colour of choice?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test