Wednesday 30 April 2014

Sensitive Skin | Skincare Series

No.7 Beautiful Skin Wipes // La Roche-Posay Physiological Soothing Toner //
La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water // Origins Super Spot Remover


The last post of my Skincare Series comes in the form of Sensitive Skin. Having sensitive skin can be an absolute nightmare, especially when it comes to finding products - skincare or makeup wise - which won't irritate/ aggravate the skin. Many people confuse combination and sensitive skin types. Combination is patches of oiliness or dry areas mostly around the T zone area whereas sensitive skin can be oily, dry, normal, combination and/or has cosmetic reactions. You could say nightmare skin instead?

One thing I have to say is that the fewer the ingredients, the better it will be for sensitive skin. For me, I avoid anything heavily scented. For years I used baby wipes - these were my pre-skincare routine days, don't judge! - and I found anything scented caused my skin to react! Then I found the No.7 Beautiful Skin Wipes. I use these if I am in a 'can't be arsed doing my full routine' mood or when I roll in from a night out and will definitely not be doing a full cleansing routine! Also, wipes are perfect for those of you who are regulars at the gym, looking for a quick cleanse afterwards. Non-scented and super gentle cloths, these don't irritate or scrub half your face away. At £7, this may seem pricey for wipes however, No.7 constantly have vouchers kicking around for £5 off skincare, stock up on them then!

La Roche Posay have blown up across the blogosphere and quite rightly so. For those who suffer from extremely sensitive skin I would give this brand a good look. I have been on the look out for a new toner, as much as I love my Origins Perfect World Toner I find it a little steep for a step in a routine that, quite frankly, can be missed out! I like something cool and soothing on the skin and the La Roche Posay Physiological Soothing Toner fit the bill. Soap free, alcohol free colourant and paraben free - perfect for keeping irritation at bay!

Another from this range that I use on sensitive skin days is the Thermal Spring Water. I have been so intrigued about this for months and spotting Boots 3 for 2, I decided there was no time like the present to purchase! Now a load of people will report this to just be 'water in a can' but I feel it does so much more. The nozzle makes this so efficient and the water helps to soothe any redness in the skin. It helps to cool the skin and absorbs almost instantly, keeping skin from dehydration. This is a must-have in the summer heat!

Last but not least, the Origins Super Spot Remover. For me this product has been an absolute Holy Grail since it was purchased months and months ago. Firstly, it may seem like a teeny tiny bottle but I have had mine since January and you are lucky if I have even used a quarter of it! This magical product soothes and rids of any blemishes. It takes the redness away from any that have already appeared and rid of any under-the-skin sorts before they can pop out! I have a full review of this product which you can find here.


And there we have it for the Skincare Series. I have really enjoyed putting this together for you all and hope that it has helped as many of you as possible who have been looking for better skincare. Would you like to see more series in the future?


Lori x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test