Friday 14 March 2014

Tanya Burr Lips and Nails | Review



For any blogger, whether that be from a blog or youtube, to make it in the beauty and fashion industry is a huge deal. It's so refreshing and utterly fantastic in my eyes to see people who started off like myself, sitting at a computer and writing up reviews or creating tutorials and  being able to make a living from it. Huge inspirations. Tanya Burr was one of the first YouTuber's that I ever watched and I love her sincerity and personality. She always comes across lovely and warm in her videos and I think that is part of the reason she has gained so many loyal fans. When I saw that she was bringing out her own line of lip gloss and nail polishes I knew that I would be purchasing. Not only because I knew that they would be fantastic but also to support her and the beauty community.

I only went for the lip glosses as my nail polish collection exploded at Christmas time and I honestly can't think of a shade I need to purchase - I will look into them at a later date. Anyway, the shade range from both the lip-gloss and nail polish is very vast, It took me forever to choose. I eventually settled for 'Picnic in the Park', an everyday staple gloss and 'Vampire Kiss', a gorgeous red shade that I think has been overlooked, I love bold lips so had to grab this whilst it was there!


From this photo I only swiped the nib twice and look how much pigmentation they give! I was super impressed. A thick formula, similar to a lipstick, yet moisturising on the lips whilst giving you just the right amount of shine off both colours. No sticking or clumping on the lips, hoorah! (I told you I am starting to enjoy lip glosses). My frenemy for many years has now became my best friend. The formula stays on for a good few hours before I need to even think of topping up. I have never found a gloss that doesn't need another application after a few hours wear so this really doesn't bother me. I went for swatches of the glosses as opposed to me wearing, which is what I tend to do. However, I have two mountains (spots) that have appeared on my face (too much information?) and they would unfortunately break my camera if I was to photograph them. I felt for the safety of my camera and you lovely readers, that it was best to just swatch this time.

I am super impressed with these glosses and am already planning the next shades. Can we also take a moment to appreciate just how cute all the names are for both the glosses and the polishes?! Just the Tanya Burr touch we all needed!

Have you tried the Tanya Burr range?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test