Wednesday 12 March 2014

London and The Gaucho Grill


On Friday night, after a fun-filled day of shopping and walking in the sunshine and lots of frozen yoghurt, we headed off to a restaurant that had been recommended to us. We were pre-warned it would be busy so had already booked in advance. Getting off at London Bridge we couldn't quite work out where to go to find the restaurant - how people functioned without Goggle Maps I honestly don't know. Eventually after walking up and back down a street I stopped passersby who pointed us into the right direction. Walking along the path we spotted Tower Bridge and I knew we had to be in the right place. The Gaucho Grill is a modern, stylish restaurant overlooking the bridge. The view was gorgeous and the staff were all lovely and welcoming. We had already stated on booking it was for my 21st and every staff member wished me a Happy Birthday which was lovely. Our waiter brought over a board of different cuts of steak, asked which cut we liked and how we liked it cooked then recommended what he thought was best. I have to say the steaks, both mine and Craig's, were fantastic! Well worth the money - let's just say it's not the cheapest place but they were possibly the best steak I've ever had.




Dress: Zara
Shoes: Kurt Geiger

Dress wise I went for this flared Zara number. I love how it begins to flare out at the waste, perfect for any self-concious ladies out there - Very flattering around the waist / tummy area. The neckline is absolutely gorgeous and quite different to your staple straps. I also love the coral colour and simplicity of the block colour. Moving into Spring/ Summer it's time to pop those LBD's back in the closet and play around with some colour. You may have noticed that lately I have been wearing a lot of plain clothes as opposed to prints and patterns, I just find them so wearable and versatile. You cannot go wrong with a block colour outfit. My Kurt Geigers (again) making an appearance as I only brought one pair of heels that I could pop on with anything and these babies ticked that box! Make-up wise I kept it pretty understated and opted for big, bouncy hair instead. I have found a new holy grail product for my limp hair and will do a review of it over the next week!


Before we left, the restaurant brought over a plate which read 'Happy Birthday' and gave me a selection of different chocolates. This was without Craig even asking or prompting for anything - was a really nice touch and made the evening that little more special!

Overall, we were both really impressed with Gaucho Grill and would highly recommend to any steak lovers out there. I will say that the restaurant is very loud, with the music and then everyone trying to talk over it. We liked it because it gave lots of atmosphere about the place however, if you don't like the hustle and bustle of London/ dining then this is not for you.

Have you been to Gaucho Grill?

Lori x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test