Monday 3 March 2014

February Favourites


Feels like just yesterday I was typing up my January favourites and now I'm onto February with March luming just around the corner! I have so many exciting things coming up this March, Craig and I are jetting off to London next week to see Beyonce in the flesh - I literally cannot contain my excitement. My 21st present is finally here! Cannot believe it has been 3 months since my birthday, absolute madness! I am hopefully going to be putting together something a little special whilst I am away, don't want to give too much away so you shall just have to keep your eyes peeled. Onto my February Favourites;



First up on the favourites is the latest launch from Benefit - 'Gimme Brow'. It feels like Benefit are churning out the new products of late, all of which I have been loving - yes, I am a little biased - but this is definitely the best of the bunch. When I first saw the product I honestly thought I would hate it, I am pretty happy with my BrowZings kit and think it works perfectly well. However, after a few days playing around with this beauty this became my go-to brow product! I do love defined brows so I am still applying BrowZings underneath for more definition, but if you are looking for a quick swipe and go, this is for you.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip glosses have made their way into my February Favourites. Having been a complete lipstick fiend for years, I was more shocked than anyone to find myself reaching for a gloss each day. I have a review which you can see here if you would like to know more.

Another Benefit product making it into this months hits is the latest cheek and lip stain Lolli tint. I have written a whole review on this product, along with swatches of the product in action which you can see here. I have been wearing this almost every day over the past month, there was no way this wasn't making the cut.



On the skin care front it has to be the Origins Super Spot Remover that has been front runner this month. I have never suffered from bad skin or been prone to spots - we all get that occasional Everest on our face but it was nothing I couldn't conquer. However, possibly due to the colder weather, my face has been horrendously unforgiving and bringing out all walks of life on my face. This bad boy zaps away spots within 24 hours - full review coming soon.

Tresemme Keratin Shampoo/ Conditioner have been working wonders with my weak, limp and lifeless hair this month *said in the voice of Cherly Cole*. Having read that Keratin is great for medium length hair I decided nothing could make my hair much worse and headed for the nearest store. These add lots of unknown texture to my hair and don't leave it feeling limp after washing, in fact quite the opposite. Adding volume and texture is all I have ever wanted - won't be changing these for a while.



I posted on my Twitter (here) a month or so ago about trying to find a great eye primer and so many people recommended Mac Paint Pot in 'Soft Ochre'. Although my customer service experience with MAC staff has never been great as it is virtually non-existent, my trip to pick up this product was probably the worst of the lot, I still love their products. A love/hate relationship if you will. I tend to wear a lot of liquid liner or shadow on my lids and need a neutral shade to make everything pop! Great base for eye make-up.

Last but certainly not least is another Origins product in the style of moisturiser. I wrote a review about the GinZing morning moisturiser a few posts ago (here) and still look forward to putting it on my face every morning. It instantly wakes me up and I don't think I'll ever get over the smell! 

That is all for my monthly favourites. Hope you like my post and let me know if you have tried or are planning on trying any of the products mentioned.


Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test