Friday 28 February 2014

Maybelling Colour Sensational Gloss | Review




This may come as a shock to some people, considering I am a self-confessed lip product addict, but I have never been a huge fan of gloss. Maybe it's because I have never found a lip gloss that doesn't clump and/ or gloop on my lips. I hate the sticky feeling and staying in Scotland means there is always wind cutting about so hair down and lip gloss are not compatible. Lets be honest here, Mac Lip Glass? My ultimate frenemie. However, having seen Maybelline Colour Sensation Shine Gloss popping up on every blog from here to Timbuktu, claiming it to be non-sticky and gloop free, I decided it was time to give gloss a second chance. 

Since Boots had a 3 for 2 offer on I thought it was time to give it a go. After much debate I opted for 'Cashmere Rose' as it is quite a light,  peaching pink colour which I thought would be perfect for everyday. I have to admit, I am pretty impressed. They smell mouth-wateringly delicious, most definitely a plus in my eyes. The glosses have much more pigmentation in them than I expected, the perfect amount of colour for everyday wear. Wearing it mostly alone to test longevity I have to stay it's lasting power is fantastic. Don't get me wrong, if you were tucking into a burger and expected your lips to be as glossy afterwards then you are sadly mistaken, but if you were heading to work and wanting a slick of gloss to last throughout the day, you are onto a winner. For someone who hated gloss I am already planning my next colour to add to the collection...

On one particularly dreary day, I decided to be adventurous and Combine my lip gloss with Max Factor's Lasting Colour Lipstick in Pink Brandy, which FYI, I forgot just how much I love these formulas! So creamy and moisturising yet filled with pigmentation. The colours compliment each other well with the coral undertones and the gloss adds that extra shine without blinding anyone in a 3 metre radius. On a night out I am all about the matte lip however, lately my lips have been super dry and matte lips just aren't working for me. Finding these lip glosses came at my lips moment of  need and they are certainly working wonders! 


Will you be trying this duo?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test