Wednesday 5 March 2014

Benefit Gimme Brow | Review


Benefit Gimme Brow £17.50*

We all have those teenage girl make-up regrets. Thing that we wish we could only go back to our younger selves and scream 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!'. Take, for example, that time when I thought that wearing bright green, sparkly eye shadow was acceptable for school/ everyday life, and made me look super cool, when in actual fact, I looked like a really crap pixie. Or when I never knew of such a thing as colour matching. Or blending *shudders*. Lets be honest, we have all been there and all have our own horror stories. The main mistake, one that I believe most of us make in our adolescent years, is that when introduced to a pair of tweezers. Why did we ever think that tweezers and 15 year-old girls were acceptable? Never! I have spent years re-growing and shaping my brows and only now, in the last few months, can I say they are finally getting into a shape and size I deem acceptable. Oh Cara, how you tease me with them big brows of yours!

Along comes the, dare I say, saviour of the brow world. Benefit have just launched yet another new addition to their collection - 'Gimme Brow' (Is it just me or are Benefit churning out new releases left, right and centre these days?). 'Gimme Brow' is a new brow volumizer that latches onto hair to add thickness and colour, giving a natural definition to your brows. I had instant Brow Wow with this product on first application. I love the gel formula, keeping those wispy hairs at bay! The best feature is by far the teeny tiny wand, similar in size to the Clinique bottom lash mascara.. The perfect size for brushing through your brows with such ease and precision, with no worry of the fibres catching onto random pieces of hair. The pigmentation given in this product is far more than was expected. One swipe and I can see instant definition, yet it is buildable if you are looking for more volume and colour. No shimmer to be found in this product unlike that of Mac's, I mean really, who wants glittery brows? Seriously! The only downside, if there is one, is that it is only available in two shade 'Light/ Medium' and 'Medium/ Dark' however, I think that these are both quite versatile shades and will adapt to the individual. 

I will admit, I am still using my BrowZings kit beforehand as I do like my brows to be defined and statement. This is also a requirement for work so 'Gimme Brow' doesn't quite give me what I am after. Having said that, ever since I received this product it has been used everyday and has made its way proudly into my make-up bag - something that usually takes quite a while! If you are looking for something quick and simple, natural and/or some volume in those over-plucked brows then this is certainly the product for you. Coming in at £17.50 this is one of Benefit's cheapest creations and although it may seem steep for a brow product, it is definitely worth the money. I can safely say this will be getting repurchased after my current one runs out. You can all thank me later!

Will you be running to your nearest counter?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test