Friday 21 March 2014

Bumble and Bumble Pret-a-Powder | Review



Having been a sufferer of a limp mane all of my life, the buzz around this new Bumble and Bumble product launch definitely got my senses tingling. Step forward Pret-A-Powder...

The powder delivers three priorities; a dry shampoo, style extender and volumising powder. An all-in-one, throw it on and go type product? Sound too good to be true? Think again! This little baby is the perfect post blow-dry staple. I always felt like my hair was ridiculously thin, constantly staring at the volumised, bouncy blow-dried heads in the magazines and cursing my mousey locks. My hairdresser informed me that in actual fact I have thick hair however, it is very soft and I should look into texturing products as opposed to mouse which will weigh my hair down. This to me seemed to fit the bill.

I have tried loads of hair products over the years, searching high and low for volume, volume, volume! My love affair with volume powders began when Schwartzkroft was the new kid on the block. Schwartzkroft seemed to be 'the one' however, the tacky, sticky feeling it left my Barnet in resembled that of a punk rocker being struck by lightening and brushing the powder out the next day killed many a brush! Then there was Batiste, a loyal companion of mine for years but the Volume Plumping Powder just didn't cut the mustard. So you can imagine how sceptical I was when purchasing this powder, not only for the fear of yet another disappointing 'voluimiser' but for the unnecessary damage to my bank balance!

However, after reading hundreds of glowing reviews I finally bit the bullet and purchased. The powder is so silky and lightweight, you hardly notice you have any product in your hair at all. The tiny hole at the top of the bottle allows just the perfect amount to fall out without it landing everywhere and causing waste. It instantly freshens hair and leaves it looking revived from it's unwashed, dull state. Don't get me wrong, if you are on third day hair then you may need to throw a light spritz of Batiste dry shampoo in there as well - or just wash! There is no colouring either which is a major plus. Gone are the day when you spend days scrubbing your roots to rid of any white, tell-tale signs of dirty locks.

This has become my new holy grail hair saviour. I sprinkle it on the roots as well as popping some on my fingers, running it through my hair to give it some extra zshoosh! No need to worry about crispy, hair-sprayed locks or greasy product infused manes. Plus, the bottle is cute as a button, a well earned place on my dressing table. This is definitely on my re-purchase list although, with the amount of product you receive in the bottles I doubt it'll be one I'll be heading for any time soon! 


What is your holy grail hair product?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test