Friday 28 March 2014

Benefit The Big Easy | Review

Benefit 'The Big Easy' £27.50

Yet another Benefit product has graced us this March (well, technically it launches in April but lets not be pedantic) and it comes in the form of 'The Big Easy'. The product claims to be 'Bigger than a BB Cream' which I have to give it to them, they certainly pulled this one out of the bag. Coming in six different shades, the first of them being 'Fair' which is two shades lighter than the 'Hello Flawless' range. Genuinely think I whooped when I discovered this! So for all those pale and interesting girls like myself, this is the perfect shade for you. The product states it will balance moisture and control shine which I can definitely see on application - certainly one to think about if you are from the oily skin family. It reduces the appearance of pores and shine as well as covering any redness on the face, all the while balancing out your skin tone. The liquid formula turns to powder on application, leaving your skin with a silky lightweight feel and an uber matte finish. It does give a light coverage, considerably more than I have found with any other BB cream, but can be built to medium if you so desire. Once I have applied this - if I am on a low-key makeup day - I just apply a little concealer around the areas it is needed and voila! Done. No need to set with powder, this bad boy does all the work for you.

I personally don't feel there is enough coverage for me for an everyday basis, I'm definitely a medium/full coverage type gal. The lights in my work are so bright and harsh I feel the need to wear a little more than I would on a day off. However, I have been applying The Big Easy as a primer and I have to say it is doing the trick! I used it originally after my primer decided enough was enough and she couldn't give anymore, thinking it could do no harm as it has a primer-type feel to it anyway. The cream gave me a beautiful flawless finish and shone through my foundation giving a 'lit from within' type glow. The amount of compliments I have received on the days I have been wearing it underneath is unbelievable so it is definitely doing something right. This will be the perfect product for summertime, especially when you are off on your holidays. Containing an SPF of 35, one of the highest I've seen on the market, it has you covered on your sun protection too! I hardly wear any makeup whilst I'm away however, at night when I am looking for a little something to perk me up I'll be throwing this on!

The Pros? The lightweight texture, the fact that they have expanded the shade range to even lighter, the high SPF, controlling shine and evening out your skin tone. The Cons? Although they have gone two shades lighter than the Hello Flawless range (which is great for me) the darker shade range is severely lacking - hopefully Benefit will expand the range for those of you with sallow skin. I have also noticed that it can cling to slightly drier patches if I don't moisturise thoroughly beforehand. Benefit do recommend moisturising prior to application and you can see why, after that though it does glide onto the skin. So if you do suffer from an extremely dry mug then this product maybe isn't the one for you! 

The Big Easy officially launches on Saturday 28th March and retails at £27.50. The bottle gives 35ml which is 5ml more than the Hello Flawless foundation so I do think this is a reasonable price, considering how long the foundation lasts! All in all, I do like the Big Easy, especially as a base for my makeup.

Will you be tempted to try The Big Easy?

Lori x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test