Wednesday 2 April 2014

Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder | Review



Powder has never really been my thing. I've never been overly oily so never felt the need to add more product to my face. However, over the last few months my skin has began to change dramatically, one minute I'm suffering from shiny face syndrome and the next it's super dehydrated, so the hunt for a good powder began. I have used some before when I was younger and didn't really notice much difference (I was a makeup novice at this time). They tended to feel quite heavy and drying though as opposed to anything else. I remembered having the Smashbox starter kit from years ago, which proved to be a complete waste of money as the shades were all too dark but the powder was so silky and lightweight, I ran to my nearest counter to see if my memory was correct.

One of the best things about this product is that it shaves off the product by twisting the top in a circular motion. Whoever came up with that deserves a raise. No more wasted product or careless spilling - hoorah! This also turns the pressed powder into a loose powder finish which makes it easier to apply. Pressed powders are more harsh, in my opinion, they can feel much more cakey and heavy on your skin. The Halo Powder mattifies the skin yet still allows some luminosity to glow through. Goodbye shiney face, Hello healthy glow! 

Unlike a lot of loose powders, this is not translucent, It does come with a bit of coverage which is great if you are looking for something to throw on for a lazy day! Or if you want to give your foundation that polished, flawless look without the excess shine from your liquid, then this is the powder for you. You can choose from four shades; Fair, Light, Medium and Dark so there will surely be one that fits the bill.

It may seem a little steep coming in at £31 however, you are getting a whopping 19g which is absolutely amazing! I have never seen so much product from any other brand for that price. In fact, you would probably pay more money for less product with other brands. I use mine religiously everyday which has been for the last month and a half and there has been hardly any product touched! 

What powders do you love?

Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test