Thursday 12 February 2015

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Review

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation £31 (here)


If I was told I could only have one foundation in my collection to do me for the rest of my life it would, hands down, no questions asked, be Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. I have, no word of a lie, went through about eight bottles of this stuff and every time I always question myself to why I ever left it in the first place?

Bobbi Brown was my first high end brand so I guess there it holds a special part in my heart. The first time I used it was when I was around sixteen, I was roped into helping a friend at a wedding show catwalk (child bride?) and the artist was from Bobbi Brown. Most of, if not all, of her kit was Bobbi Brown and so my love affair began. A week or so later I popped into town with my Mum and Dad, got matched up - not that it's hard, I'm always Alabaster! - and ended up leaving with my first ever high end (and properly matched) foundation and blusher. Really my parents encouraged this unhealthy, expensive hobby!

From then on I've been through copious bottles of the stuff and here's why I keep coming back for more. The formula is so lightweight and there is never any sign of cakiness. For those among us who love a full coverage then I would suggest looking elsewhere, but for anyone who loves a good tinted moisturiser or sheer to medium coverage then get yourself along to your nearest counter. A gorgeous dewy finish with a comfortable feel on the skin. When my skin began to react to the colder, harsher weather I struggled to find anything that didn't cling to my skin. Hidden within my stash I pulled out this old favourite, the loyal one that is always there but constantly gets overlooked and bang! I fell hook, line and sinker back in love.

Easy to blend and containing an SPF 15 it is the perfect foundation for day to day wear. Also, any brides out there looking for a gorgeous, natural finish on their big day, I would highly recommend going for a trial. Coming in a vast range of twelve different shades there is certainly something in there for anyone. This is suitable for anyone with dehydrated, dry and/or normal skin types this will be ideal! For those oilier types I'm not sure this dewy finish would be right for you.

Are you a lover of Bobbi Brown?

- Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test