Sunday 15 February 2015

Jo Malone Day



Jo Malone isn't exactly cheap. It's not a store I would pop into on a lunch break just to 'pick something up'. Absolutely not. It is an experience and choosing a fragrance, whether that be in candle, Cologne, diffuser or body lotion form, is easier said than done. Jo Malone does luxury like no other.

Recently, my Mum and I took a trip to Jo Malone in Frasers as we got some products for Christmas and were invited back for a free hand and arm massage. I already own one fragrance, Pomegranate Noir, and I do feel like a princess when I wear it. Mum decided on this to be her fragrance of choice for her massage as she loved the scent too - two peas! Using the shower gel/ hand wash then applying body lotion and finally fragrance on top, we were told all the ways to use each product, how they were made and which scents suited. You can also mix fragrances to create your own bespoke scent - something more individual. 

I decided to try something a little different and was looking for more of a day fragrance, as beautiful as Pomegranate Noir is, it can be a little overpowering for day to day wear. I was given three cards, each sprayed with scents, and had to put them in order or preference. I had grapefruit as third (my mum preferred this), Basil and Lime which was gorgeous and fresh but my first choice was Wood Sage and Sea Salt - the newest of all the colognes. It is absolutely beautiful! So fresh and much more subtle for daytime wear than Pomegranate Noir! 

It was such a lovely experience getting to learn all about the products and ingredients used in them. I am such a sucker for knowing ingredients and their benefits! For anyone looking for a relaxing day out then have a look into the hand and arm massages.

To me, Jo Malone is something special. Whether you are looking to treat yourself or for a gift for someone special, there is something there for everyone. 

What's your favourite Jo Malone scent?

- Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test