Sunday 22 February 2015

Chicken Teriyaki and Broccoli




What You Will Need:

2 Chicken Breasts
250g Brown Rice
250g Broccoli
1 Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Ginger
2 Level tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
Salt and Pepper to Season


Back again with another tasty recipe. I through this one together one night last week when I quickly realised we had hardly any food in the house. What I can always rely on is having chicken lying about! I decided to go for a teriyaki dish - one of my favourite flavours! 

Firstly, put the chicken in a hot pan, sprayed with fry light, and cook through. Then, take off the pan and place on a plate, this prevents the chicken from drying out. Then apply the onion, garlic cloves and ginger and cook until the onions are soft and golden. Add the broccoli to the pan with the chicken stock and teriyaki flavouring. Add the chicken back to the pan and season. At this point, I added a tiny amount of cornflour and water to thicken the sauce and wait until it has absorbed.

Whilst cooking the main dish have your rice in a pan and cooking as instructed. Then once it's all cooked through, serve it all up! This took me around 20 minutes to make, so quick with a gorgeous taste!

Enjoy!
- Lori x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skimlinks Test